Sunday, April 14, 2013

Red Hot Popcorn


I have long commissioned my mother-in-law to make her delicious Red Hot Popcorn for various events I have coordinated. I like the bright red coloring, and love the yummy cinnamon flavor!

This past weekend I needed an extra large batch to use as favors at a Fireman Baby Shower and decided to try it myself. The recipe was a little more tedious than I am usually willing to try, but with the help of my husband, we nailed it! 



We served this yummy Red Hot Popcorn as the favor at a friend's Fireman Baby Shower. Here it is, packaged and ready to be enjoyed by the baby shower guests!


Red Hot Popcorn Recipe

6 qts cooked popcorn
12 oz Brachs Red Hots & white sugar to make 2 cups*
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla

*Pour red hots into measuring cup then fill with sugar up to the 2 cup mark; sift sugar back out to separate

1) Bring to boil: butter, sugar, corn syrup, salt
2) Stir in red hots, stirring constantly until dissolved
3) Boil mixture for 5 minutes, stirring constantly
4) Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and baking soda
5) Pour mixture over popcorn and stir until well coated
6) Bake at 250 F on a greased cookie sheet for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved